As per brief on ZAGNY’s website.
2007 Gool Kothawala Essay Competition
1. â€œNo, in fact, Iâ€™m Zoroastrianâ€ (An unusual personal story about telling a new friend that you are a Zoroastrian.)
2. What I learned from my grandparent
Essays should be personal and anecdotal rather than theoretical. MS-Word format preferred (it does the word count as well!) They should be about 150 words, and should be emailed to vicepresident@ZAGNY.org with Name, Contact number, and Age of participant, on or before Feb 20th 2007.
* Essays will be judged in two categories, the under-10 age group and the 11-15 age group. One first prize of $50 will be awarded in each category. All entries are the property of The Gool Kothawala Essay Competition, and may be printed in future editions of the ZAGNY newsletter.
* Students must submit original work, and be current members of ZAGNY. Please no â€œexcessiveâ€ helping by parents- Judges will detect adult intervention, or paragraphs lifted from the internet, and it will not benefit the contestant.
* Judging: Contestants names will be masked from the judges. Of course, the judges decision is final.
* Please email me if you have any questions, at vicepresident@ZAGNY.org.
Nawaz Merchant, Vice-President, ZAGNY